Our Chamber is dedicated to supporting local retailers, restaurants and community banks by promoting the benefits of shopping, dining and banking locally. Teaming up with nationally recognized programs like American Express’s Small Business Saturday and the Small Business Administration’s Small Business Week, is one way our Chamber drives traffic to local and small businesses. Studies by the National Federal of Independent Businesses discovered that US consumers who were aware of these type programs spent more locally and overall shop local programs and were more effective when communities band together.
Leveraging local connections such as our local Mainstreet Programs pool together resources to form a more unified front. We are fortunate to have three active Mainstreet programs in our county; something not found elsewhere in our state. Mainstreet programs can be found in Bowdon, Carrollton and Villa Rica. Offering up testimonials and profiles of local businesses provide the emotional connection and sense of community that fosters loyalty to local businesses and keeps customers coming back for more.
#ThinkCarrollFirst and Small Business Saturday
The Carroll Chamber partners with American Express each year and participates in the Small Business Saturday campaign, which is always the Saturday after Thanksgiving The day was created to celebrate and support the local economy by driving customers to the doors of small businesses. We invite our local businesses to join our #ThinkCarrollFirst campaign and join in promoting #shopsmall efforts across the nation. The campaign includes advertising through various local and social media, and “Shop Small” promotional items from American Express.
#ThinkCarrollFirst and SBA’s Small Business Week
National Small Business Week kicks off a huge variety of events across the nation and online celebrating small businesses. This year marked the 56th year for the event. While the US Small Business Administration hosted free webinars all week, locally we boosted profiles on local small business owners on our social media pages.
#ThinkCarrollFirst is a global, year-round campaign that moves beyond just retail and making the cash registers ring, and benefits all Chamber members and community consumers. By participating, you will reach two audiences: 116,000 consumers as well as companies with a business to business focus.
We want Chamber businesses to make this campaign your own, so be creative!
Each month #ThinkCarrollFirst will focus on different sectors of Chamber membership, such as service, health and wellness or small business.
How does it work…
- Stop by the Chamber to pick up a #ThinkCarrollFirst kit with window cling and campaign information.
- Or, call and request a kit and/or a chalkboard – 770.832.2446.
- Choose a positive word that describes your business and fill in the blank on the chalkboard. For example: Dine, Buy, Serve, Visit, etc.
- Gather your employees and get a few fun photos with the chalkboard.
- Post on your website, Facebook, Instagram and all of your social media… tag #ThinkCarrollFirst and #CarrollChamber.
- Place the #ThinkCarrollFirst window cling for best visibility.
- Download the #ThinkCarrollFirst” logo to use in your promotions.
- Insert your photo with the logo to create a mini ad, print and post in your business window, at the cash register, any place that grabs your customers’ attention.
Download your #ThinkCarrollFirst” logo here for your marketing materials and/or website.